Position Summary: This position is responsible for the metal fabrication/welding of aluminum and steel materials for all exhibits.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first): • Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required.
• Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel and aluminum members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels.
• Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
• Fabricate metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, or beams according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Cut, bend, or weld steel and aluminum pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
• Strictly follow all safety guidelines to insure the safety of own self and other co-workers.
Additional Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
• 2+ years welding experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to write reports
Mathematical Skills: Ability to complete common mathematical operations
• Strong ability to handle deadline pressures and multiple assignments
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis · Must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials. · Will be required to regularly stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, push and pull.