This position is an integral part of Catalyst’s client relations and is responsible for ensuring a positive experience during the entire exhibit process. Account Managers act as liaison on specific account projects by coordinating work with all internal departments; facilitating information between design, detailing, estimating, production, clients and Account Teams and tracking production and deadlines to ensure continued progress of client workflow. They are responsible for all of the daily tactical activities, affording the Program Managers time to invest in building stronger relationships with existing clients and cultivating new clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interact and communicate directly with client
• Assist in the pre-sale process by confirming exhibit size, exhibit number, and potential obstacles (e.g. columns in the exhibit, varying height restriction, freight targeting schedules, location of electrical ports, rigging obstacles, etc.)
• Submit design drawings, elevations and floorplans to show management as well as fabric samples to Fire Marshall for approval
• Confirm show regulations and petition for variances as needed
• Organize and facilitate internal pre-show planning meetings (designers, graphic designers, production, and engineering) as well as external planning meetings with preference vendors (labor, AV, lighting, agency, etc.
• Monitor costs, request competing bids, and negotiate third-party service rates and terms to reduce cost for clients whenever possible
• Act as liaison for graphic process facilitating information between client and production. This includes relaying pertinent information such as graphic requirements and substrates to the client as well as receiving artwork, turning around flat elevations and sending strike-offs to gain approval
• Exceptionally high degree of client focus
• Demonstrate ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients and internal teams
• Demonstrate proficiency to manage projects, coordinate people, and schedules
• Ability to identify potential issues and work cross functionally to resolve
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage the schedule and deadlines of many coinciding projects at once
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to analyze and adjust work procedures to achieve maximum efficiency
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Typical work hours for position are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, off-hours work and weekend work may be required on a limited basis.
• Willingness to travel to shows to ensure proper installation and/or based upon client needs
•Travel will be 10-15% of annual schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree
•1-3 years previous Account Management experience in Exhibit or similar industry